Schrötter leads the fifth row of the grid into the French Grand Prix
The LIQUI MOLY Intact GP duo of Marcel Schrötter and Jeremy Alcoba positioned themselves on rows five and nine for the seventh World Championship round of the 2022 season in once again sunny conditions.
As always, there was a lot of set-up work to be done in the third and final free practice session on Saturday morning in order to prepare the two LIQUI MOLY Intact GP Kalex bikes for the subsequent qualifying session at the French Grand Prix.
After a strong P6 start on Friday, Marcel Schrötter's crew tried a few things on the German's bike that turned out to be not ideal. Nevertheless, the Moto2 rider delivered an almost flawless ride on Saturday after having to leave two small slips behind from the day before. However, with P16 in FP3, he did not manage to beat his best time of 1'36.589 from FP2. His start in Q2 was never in danger, and so the Bavarian gave his all in the short, 15-minute qualifying session, in which you have to deliver perfectly on demand. His 13th grid position on row five is nevertheless promising when you look at his race pace this season. Anything is possible and the 29-year-old knows that too, therefore he is looking forward to thrilling duels on Sunday and hopes to be able to push far into the Top10.
Similarly hopeful, Jeremy Alcoba is aiming to make up ground from grid position 27 when the lights go out for the 25-lap race at 12:20 (CEST). Beforehand, the Youngster and his crew will analyse all the data from the weekend so far and do everything they can to ensure that the 20-year-old starts on Sunday with an optimum race set-up. He will try to reduce his gap of 1.302s to pole setter Pedro Acosta in the morning warm-up.
The strength of both LIQUI MOLY Intact GP riders lies in their race performance, so the French Grand Prix should also offer the potential for many world championship points.
1. Pedro ACOSTA / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.861
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'36.005 (+0.144)
3. Somkiat CHANTRA / THA / KALEX - 1'36.144 (+0.283)
16. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'36.665 (+0.804)
26. Jeremy ALCOBA / SPA / KALEX - 1'37.449 (+1.588)
1. Lorenzo DALLA PORTA / ITA / KALEX - 1'36.259
2. Fermín ALDEGUER / SPA / BOSCOSCURO - 1'36.278 (+0.019)
3. Bo BENDSNEYDER / NED / KALEX - 1'36.297 (+0.038)
13. Jeremy ALCOBA / SPA / KALEX - 1'37.105 (+0.846)
1. Pedro ACOSTA / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.803
2. Jake DIXON / GBR / KALEX - 1'35.921 (+0.118)
3. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.963 (+0.160)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'36.502 (+0.699)