Challenging conditions on Friday in Misano
LIQUI MOLY Intact GP riders Tony Arbolino and Marcel Schrötter coped with two wet sessions on day one of the San Marino GP, finishing 17th and 23rd respectively.
Tony Arbolino would have liked the weather to be a little nicer at his home Grand Prix in Italy. But Friday at the »Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli« was repeatedly hit by rain showers and each time the Moto2 class was affected. The 21-year-old mastered the conditions during both practices and finished the day in 17th place.
Marcel Schrötter felt comfortable on a wet track and also did well during the sessions, but in the final placings he ended up 14th in the morning and 23rd in the afternoon, with the 28-year-old one of the few who failed to improve in FP2.
Both LIQUI MOLY Intact GP riders are now hopeful of making it directly into Q2 qualifying on Saturday. In any case, the weather forecasts look more promising.
1. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'50.140
2. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'50.428 (+0.288)
3. Nicolò BULEGA / ITA / KALEX - 1'50.578 (+0.438)
14. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'51.634 (+1.494)
19. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'52.094 (+1.954)
1. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'50.168
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'50.317 (+0.149)
3. Somkiat CHANTRA / THA / KALEX - 1'50.426 (+0.258)
17. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'51.394 (+1.226)
23. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'51.878 (+1.710)