Cortese 4th fastest on Friday & Schrötter did not loose time on his return
A positive start into the Aragon weekend for the Dynavolt Intact GP team. Sandro Cortese finished overall 4th on day one at the MotorLand. Marcel Schrötter made an excellent comeback with a 4th and 11th place.
The Friday morning at the MotorLand Aragon brought some dark clouds, from which it started raining shortly before the first Moto2 practice session. Despite the tricky track conditions with partly wet and dry patches, the Dynavolt Intact GP riders Sandro Cortese and Marcel Schrötter stormed to places three and four.
Sandro Cortese was just as strong in the dry afternoon session. With his time of 1'55.205, the 27-year-old claimed the 4th place with about seven and a half tenths behind the fastest, Mattia Pasini.
After more than six weeks of abstinence, Marcel Schrötter seemed to have a lot to pick up with his Suter racing bike. After permanently being in the top 5 in the wet morning session, he coped well on the dry track better than expected, despite the persistent pain in his left hand, especially on the brakes. He finished 11th on the Friday with a solid lap time of 1'55.826.
1. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'09.869
2. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'10.293 (+0.424)
3. Sandro CORTESE / GER / SUTER - 2'10.308 (+0.439)
4. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / SUTER - 2'10.472 (+0.603)
1. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'54.439
2. Franco MORBIDELLI / ITA / KALEX - 1'54.633 (+0.194)
3. Takaaki NAKAGAMI / JPN / KALEX - 1'54.980 (+0.541)
4. Sandro CORTESE / GER / SUTER - 1'55.205 (+0.766)
11. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / SUTER - 1'55.826 (+1.387)