Zeal of the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP duo unbroken in Misano
The initially difficult start to the Misano weekend continued for the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP duo on qualifying Saturday. An improvement from FP2 to Q1 and Q2 helped German Marcel Schrötter in particular to twelfth on the grid in row four, while teammate Jeremy Alcoba will start the race on Sunday from P21 in row seven.
The 2022 season feels like a rollercoaster ride for Marcel Schrötter at times. From brilliant highs to difficulties - his crew is always there to help and advise him, trying to adjust the Kalex to the 29-year-old's needs. And even though the three free practice sessions at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli were no easy task for the German, he eventually managed to make the jump from Q1 to the grid-deciding Q2, where he has a promising starting position for Sunday's 25-lap race with a twelfth-place finish.
On the opposite side of the Intact GP garage, the displeasure of youngster Jeremy Alcoba is clear to see. After the Spaniard had started to feel better towards the end of the last Friday session, hopes were high to make up enough ground for Q2 in FP3. But unfortunately, things did not go as hoped for the 20-year-old in FP3, nor in Q1, where he was just 0.134s short of the golden Q2 ticket. Consequently, disappointment got the better of the ambitious teenager, who always has very high expectations of himself. But even from P21, the way to the points is not far, especially for Jeremy Alcoba, who has already impressed with his race pace more than once in the past 13 races of his rookie season.
When the lights go out for the 14th round at 12:20 pm (CEST), all previous efforts will be forgotten, because only then will valuable championship points be at stake.
1. Alonso LOPEZ/ SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'36.107
2. Jake DIXON/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'36.310 (+0.203)
3. Aron CANET/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.355 (+0.248)
4. Albert ARENAS/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.367 (+0.260)
5. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.380 (+0.273)
19. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'37.146 (+1.039)
21. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'37.192 (+1.085)
1. Lorenzo DALLA PORTA/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.720
2. Bo BENDSNEYDER/NED/ KALEX – 1'36.747 (+0.027)
3. Joe ROBERTS/ USA/ KALEX – 1'36.814 (+0.094)
4. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'36.932 (+0.212)
7. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'37.066 (+0.346)
1. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'35.996
2. Albert ARENAS/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.097 (+0.101)
3. Alonso LOPEZ/ SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'36.186 (+0.190)
4. Aron CANET/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.373 (+0.377)
5. Tony ARBOLINO/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.397 (+0.401)
12. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'36.639 (+0.643)