Mugello holds new challenges for the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team
The opening day at the Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley in Mugello did not bring the hoped-for continuation of the recent upward trend after Friday ended in 24th and 27th place on the combined time sheets for the two LIQUI MOLY Intact GP riders Marcel Schrötter and Jeremy Alcoba.
Marcel Schrötter started the eighth race weekend of the 2022 season at one of his favourite tracks with a lot of verve and confidence. And even though it was a troublesome start to the Italian Grand Prix, the German is sure that he will be able to make the necessary step forward tomorrow, Saturday, after a thorough data analysis. The goal is first and foremost to reach Q2, which will decide Sunday's starting grid at 15:35 (CEST) on Saturday. After FP2, he follows 1.410s behind the current leader Jake Dixon in the combined standings, where the 29-year-old lies in P24.
In a similar situation is the current leader of the 'Rookie of the year' classification, Jeremy Alcobain position 27 of the daily standings. The Spaniard, too, cannot comprehend the emerging difficulties on the 5.2 km long Tuscan circuit, especially as his top speed values rank among the top five - a clear advantage on the 1141 m long start/finish straight. Together with his crew, the 20-year-old will not only take a close look at his first data of the weekend, but also at those of his experienced teammate, who managed a strong fifth place at Mugello in 2021.
1. Jake DIXON/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'51.966
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.282 (+0.316)
3. Aron CANET/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.346 (+0.380)
4. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.361 (+0.395)
5. Filip SALAC/ CZE/ KALEX – 1'52.470 (+0.504)
20. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'53.452 (+1.486)
27. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'53.928 (+1.962)
1. Somkiat CHANTRA/ THA/ KALEX 1'52.350
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.371 (+0.021)
3. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.407 (+0.057)
4. Albert ARENAS/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.481 (+0.131)
5. Tony ARBOLINO/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'52.653 (+0.303)
20. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'53.376 (+1.026)
24. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'53.545 (+1.195)