First MotoE laps for Raffin at the Red Bull Ring
After the summer break, the 18 riders of the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup met again on Friday at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria start to start into the second round of the new Championship. Also part of it were the Dynavolt Intact GP Team and former Moto2 European Champion Jesko Raffin.
The first practice day at the Red Bull Ring was not really satisfying for Jesko Raffin. With a best lap time of 1'36.584 the young Swiss was able to secure himself the eleventh position. He missed 1.3 seconds on Niki Tuuli, who finished the day in first position. Fortunately the MotoE riders will have a third practice session on Saturday and Jesko Raffin and his crew can dedicate it to solve his grip-problems while braking with the 147 HP heavy Energica Ego Corsa E-Bike.
The third free practice will take place early on the uphill-downhill race track in Spielberg, before they will head into the E-Pole qualifying session, where it counts on getting the best out of the five seconds time slot, which the riders have to start into their perfect lap, in the afternoon.
1. Niki TUULI / FIN / Ajo MotoE / 1'35.866
2. Bradley SMITH / GBR / One Energy Racing / 1'35.938 (+0.072)
3. Mike DI MEGLIO / FRA / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1'36.023 (+0.157)
8. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP / 1'36.584 (+0.718)
1. Niki TUULI / FIN / Ajo MotoE / 1'35.225
2. Mattia CASADEI / ITA / Ongetta SIC58 Squadracorse / 1'35.845 (+0.620)
3. Bradley SMITH / GBR / One Energy Racing / 1'35.846 (+0.621)
10. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP / 1'36.628 (+1.403)