Fourth fastest on the first practice day of the new FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup
» Sachsenring offers perfect scenery and conditions for the start of the new E-bike championship.
» Jesko Raffin surprises everyone with leading the first free practice at the thrilling start into a new era of motorsports.
Today it got serious for the 18 starters of the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup who had their first official outing with the two free practice sessions at the Sachsenring circuit in Germany. The first free practice in the morning was already very successful for the Dynavolt Intact GP team. Jesko Raffin was leading on board of the Energica Ego Corsa E-bike with a lap time of 1’28.751 and finished this session, in which he improved lap after lap, in first position.
As for the fantastic work of team and rider during the first session the decision was made not to change the setup of the morning for the second free practice. Unfortunately this decision did not work out according to plan at the end and the performance of the E-bike ceased during the duration of the session. Therefore the 23-years-old Swiss finished the first practice day in fourth position.
Tomorrow the E-Superpole session will take place for the very first time and all that counts will be to get the perfect lap to achieve the best possible starting position for the eight-laps-race on Sunday.
1. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP - 1'28.751
2. Niki TUULI / FIN / Ajo MotoE - 1'29.265 (+0.514)
3. Alex DE ANGELIS / RSM / OCTO Pramac MotoE - 1'29.542 (+0.791)
1. Mike DI MEGLIO / FRA / EG 0,0 Marc VDS - 1'28.547
2. Niki TUULI / FIN / Ajo MotoE - 1'28.586 (+0.039)
3. Hector GARZO / SPA / Tech 3 E-racing - 1'28.644 (+0.097)
4. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP - 1'28.696 (+0.149)