Good impressions of the Silverstone Circuit & still work to do
The Dynavolt Intact GP riders Tom Lüthi and Marcel Schrötter completed the first laps on the resurfaced Silverstone Circuit and finished day one of the British Grand Prix in eighth and thirteenth place.
With sunny conditions in the UK, Tom Lüthi was having a strong debut into the weekend with the third-fastest time on Friday morning. In the beginning, the focus of his work was mainly on getting to know the new asphalt, understanding the behaviour of the tyres over longer distances, and then adjusting the setup accordingly. In the afternoon, in the second practice session, times got a bit faster and the time of 2'05.588 meant the eighth place in the combined classification for the Swiss rider.
Finishing 18th in the morning session, Marcel Schrötter had a hard time building up a good rhythm on the 5.9 kilometer long Silverstone Circuit. With a time of 2'05.773, the 26-year-old improved significantly by more than a second in the afternoon. In the end, he finished in 13th place. For Saturday, him and his team plan on improving his riding style as well as the setup of his Intact GP Kalex in order to minimize the gap to the top three, which is currently still five tenths, and to be ready for qualifying.
1. Fabio DI GIANNANTONIO / ITA / SPEED UP - 2'05.777
2. Jorge NAVARRO / SPA / SPEED UP - 2'05.860 (+0.083)
3. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'05.913 (+0.136)
18. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'06.823 (+1.046)
1. Jorge NAVARRO / SPA / SPEED UP - 2'04.993
2. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 2'05.122 (+0.129)
3. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'05.282 (+0.289)
8. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'05.588 (+0.595)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'05.773 (+0.780)