Moving in the right direction on day one at Aragon
Marcel Schrötter ended the Friday's session at MotorLand Aragon in 14th overall, while LIQUI MOLY Intact GP teammate Tony Arbolino began his work on the Spanish track in 27th position.
Marcel Schrötter took two 13th-place finishes in the first two free practice sessions at the 5.1-kilometer-long circuit in Aragon. Although the placement was the same in both FP1 and FP2, the 28-year-old reduced the gap to the top from 1.4 seconds to 0.7 seconds with his best time of 1'53.452. After the Kalex rider had not yet been able to build up confidence on the bike in the morning, he and his crew achieved a significant improvement in the afternoon, which they plan to build upon on Saturday.
Tony Arbolino also improved by almost a second from the morning to the afternoon, but unfortunately, this was not yet reflected in the overall ranking. However, it was positive that the Italian felt comfortable on his bike right from the start. Now it's time to analyze each individual sector of the track and find out where he lost the most time in order to challenge his current 27th position on Saturday.
1. Jorge NAVARRO / SPA / BOSCOSCURO - 1'53.100
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 1'53.573 (+0.473)
3. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'53.644 (+0.544)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'54.562 (+1.462)
25. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'55.136 (+2.036)
1. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 1'52.743
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'52.750 (+0.007)
3. Raul FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'52.845 (+0.102)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'53.452 (+0.709)
27. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'54.264 (+1.521)