Raffin is leading second row on the grid in Spielberg
After a difficult first day at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg the reward for the hard work done was given to the Dynavolt Intact GP Team, as Jesko Raffin will start into the second race of the MotoE World Cup from fourth position on the grid.
With a lap time of 1’35.365, the 23-years-old Swiss secured himself the fourth starting position for the six laps long race on the 4.3 km long course in Austria tomorrow. Yesterday’s braking problems, that Jesko Raffin had to fight against with his Energica Ego Corsa E-bike, seemed mostly eliminated. To push at the limit was finally possible again, although he had to be very careful not to exceed the track limits. And that is, what the Swiss had done.
The starting position is good for the motivation of rider and team. After the bad luck at the Sachsenring circuit it was a lift to be able to use the one whole lap, that decides for the place on the grid position, to the fullest. Jesko Raffin and his crew have a clear goal for the race tomorrow: to fight for the podium.
1. Hector GARZO / SPA / Tech 3 E-Racing / 1'35.028
2. Mike DI MEGLIO / FRA / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1'35.080 (+0.052)
3. Eric GRANADO / BRA / Avintia Esponsorama Racing / 1'35.109 (+0.081)
10. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP / 1'35.702 (+0.674)
1. Mike DI MEGLIO / FRA / EG 0,0 Marc VDS / 1'35.182
2. Xavier SIMEON / BEL / Avintia Esponsorama Racing / 1'35.193 (+0.011)
3. Bradley SMITH / GBR / One Energy Racing / 1'35.311 (+0.129)
4. Jesko RAFFIN / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP / 1'35.365 (+0.183)