The perfect solution for Silverstone not yet found
Tom Lüthi and Marcel Schrötter experienced a difficult qualifying session at the Silverstone Circuit. The Dynavolt Intact GP riders will therefore have to tackle the British Grand Prix tomorrow from rows four and five on the grid.
Another bright summer day awaited the MotoGP paddock and the thousands of British fans at Silverstone, and for the twelfth time this year, extremely exciting qualifying decisions were made.
For Marcel Schrötter it was twice as exciting, as he had to participate in Q1 qualifying for the first time ever after he finished 19th in the combined free practice sessions. There, the 26-year-old could finally develop a better rhythm and leave his competitors behind as the fastest of Q1. He had thus secured his participation in the following Q2 session.
Teammate Tom Lüthi, who emerged from the practice sessions in seventh place, was also competing in Q2. Over the course of the 15 qualifying minutes, the Swiss, however, could not find the last missing tenths in order to claim the top spot of Moto2 championship leader Marquez. When he had one last lap left, he tried everything again and sadly had a small crash in the 13th of the 18 corners.
The World Championship second and his teammate were separated by only 0.045 seconds from each other. The Dynavolt Intact GP riders finished in 12th and 13th, which means grid row four for Tom Lüthi and five for Marcel Schrötter in tomorrow's Grand Prix of Great Britain.
1. Jorge NAVARRO / SPA / SPEED UP - 2'04.648
2. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'04.649 (+0.001)
3. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 2'04.679 (+0.031)
7. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'05.001 (+0.353)
21. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'06.071 (+1.423)
1. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'05.119
2. Brad BINDER / RSA / KTM - 2'05.146 (+0.027)
3. Iker LECUONA / SPA / KTM - 2'05.275 (+0.156)
1. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'04.374
2. Jorge NAVARRO / SPA / SPEED UP - 2'04.417 (+0.043)
3. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'04.587 (+0.213)
12. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'05.071 (+0.697)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'05.116 (+0.742)