LIQIU MOLY Intact GP duo combative despite grid rows eight and nine
On qualifying day, both Marcel Schrötter_and Jeremy Alcoba of the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team managed to improve the feel on their machines and are therefore in a fighting spirit to roll up the field from the back in the Aragon Grand Prix.
When things don't go as they used to, when you can't call up the performance that was so easy a few weeks ago, it's frustrating. Nevertheless, Marcel Schrötter is working unflinchingly hard on himself and with the crew to adapt his bike to the high demands of the Moto2 class. Despite initial improvements, the German unfortunately failed to make it into Q2, which means that he has a mammoth task ahead of him tomorrow, Sunday, from grid position 22, to tackle the points. Though, Schrötter has often proved, especially at the beginning of the season, that starting from the eighth row does not mean having to come home empty-handed in the race.
Team-mate Jeremy Alcoba is no less willing to turn the tables on Sunday. Despite an optimised feeling and the step up to 17th place in FP3, the rookie's 1'53.500 in the decisive Q1 was not enough to make life easier for himself in the race. From starting position 27 it will certainly not be easy to make up positions. All the more important will be the start and the first laps on the 5.1 km long track, whose long back straight offers many opportunities to attack from the slipstream.
Will the two LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team riders be able to work their Sunday magic and impress with their consistently strong race pace? The 21-lap Moto2 race will start as usual at 12:20 pm (CEST).
1. Alonso LOPEZ/ SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'52.180
2. Augusto FERNANDEZ/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.267 (+0.087)
3. Aron CANET/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.269 (+0.089)
4. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'52.276 (+0.096)
5. Tony ARBOLINO/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'52.413 (+0.233)
17. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'53.413 (+1.233)
19. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'53.433 (+1.253)
1. Cameron BEAUBIER/ USA/ KALEX – 1'52.480
2. Ai OGURA/ JAP/ KALEX – 1'52.686 (+0.206)
3. Alessandro ZACCONE/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'52.748 (+0.268)
4. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'52.804 (+0.324)
5. Barry BALTUS/ BEL/ KALEX – 1'52.834 (+0.354)
8. Marcel SCHRÖTTER/ GER/ KALEX – 1'53.045 (+0.565)
13. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'53.500 (+1.020)