Ready for challenging Assen heat battle
In heated conditions, the DYNAVOLT INTACT GP MotoE team positioned themselves on row two in fifth position on the grid with Randy Krummenacher after a successful start to the Dutch TT , while Hector Garzo, plagued by minor problems, is banking on his racing strength from P12 on row four.
In the first practice session, Switzerland's Randy Krummenacher rocketed to the front of the field with a 1'41.865 and in the second session of the Dutch TT, the 33-year-old also finished a strong third, which secured him a place in Q2. In Q2, with the sun shining brightly and the air temperature at 25°C, the battle for positions became tighter and tighter, and in the end he was 0.326s off pole-sitter Mattia Casadei, but his fifth place on the grid gives the MotoE rookie every opportunity to fight for top positions in both sprint races on Saturday.
Spaniard Hector Garzo did not have such an easy start at the 4.54km TT Circuit Assen. With practice positions outside the top 8, he had to start Q1 hoping for favour, but his 1'41.328 was ultimately not enough to get him into Q2. For the races, the 25-year-old is hoping for a good start and strong battles for positions within the top 10, which will provide him with as many world championship points as possible.
Race 1 will take place on Saturday at 12:15 (CEST) in what is expected to be a blistering midday sun, followed by the second 7-lap battle of the day at 16:10 (CEST).
1. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'41.865
2. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'42.142 (+0.277)
3. Andrea MANTOVANI – 1'42.262 (+0.397)
12. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'43.121 (+1.256)
1. Matteo FERRARI/ ITA – 1'41.048
2. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'41.239 (+0.191)
3. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'41.488 (+0.440)
10. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'41.811 (+0.763)
1. Kevin ZANNONI/ ITA – 1'40.974
2. Mattia CASADEI/ ITA – 1'40.984 (+0.010)
3. Nicolas SPINELLI/ ITA – 1'41.164 (+0.190)
4. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'41.328 (+0.354)
1. Mattia CASADEI/ ITA – 1'40.574
2. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'40.743 (+0.169)
3. Matteo FERRARI/ ITA – 1'40.797 (+0.223)
5. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'40.900 (+0.326)