Lukas Tulovic hunts for points in Le Mans from P15, Senna Agius on row 8
t was a busy few days of practice for the LIQUI MOLY Husqvarna Intact GP Moto2 team, who had to keep adjusting due to changeable conditions at Le Mans. Lukas Tulovic finished 15th on the grid at the end of an exciting qualifying session, while Binder substitute Senna Agius will start the fifth race of the season from P24.
The qualifying day was like a bit of a rollercoaster ride, especially for Lukas Tulovic. First, the German fought his way into the second decisive phase of qualifying in second place thanks to his 1'36.539 in Q1. While trying to repeat his time set shortly before, the 22-year-old slipped with his Kalex and sadly, there was no time for another attack. This means that the highly motivated Tulovic will start the 22-lap race, which starts at 12:15 (CEST), from grid position 15 on row 5. He himself is positive about his development this weekend and hopes to conjure up a point result from his best qualifying to date.
Senna Agius' weekend has been characterized by many new learning processes. After claiming a double-win in the JuniorGP season opener at Estoril just last weekend, the Australian is now contesting his second Moto2 race weekend as a substitute for the injured Darryn Binder and he is doing a pretty good job. The 17-year-old's self-confidence is growing with every session he completes at the world championship level and he can now look forward to another Moto2 race, which he will tackle from grid position 24 on row 8.
1. Sam LOWES/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'36.178
2. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.183 (+0.005)
3. Alonso LOPEZ/SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'36.271 (+0.093)
19. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'37.181 (+1.003)
26. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'38.007 (+1.829)
1. Fermín ALDEGUER/ SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'36.454
2. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'36.539 (+0.085)
3. Bo BENDSNEYDER/ NED/ KALEX – 1'36.548 (+0.094)
10. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'37.134 (+0.680)
1. Sam LOWES/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'35.791
2. Alonso LOPEZ/SPA/ BOSCOSCURO – 1'36.036 (+0.245)
3. Tony ARBOLINO/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.053 (+0.262)
15. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'36.794 (+1.003)