Tulovic finishes Malaysian GP in P24 despite crash
Unfortunately, the weekend of the Malaysian Grand Prix did not end with the desired positive result for the LIQUI MOLY Husqvarna Intact GP Moto2 team. After Darryn Binder was unable to start due to injury, an early slide ruined Lukas Tulovic's race and the chance of scoring points.
Starting the race from 24th position, the German Lukas Tulovic got through the first 5.54 km lap well and immediately made up numerous places. With the pace the German showed today, hopes for points in the Malaysia GP were high. However, the mix and the aggressive duels increased the pressure right at the start of the 17-lap race. After just two laps and already being in P17, a bump in the tarmac proved fatal for the 23-year-old as he overtook Taiga Hada. A front wheel slide ruined his race, and although Tulovic was able to continue and finish the 18th race of the season in 24th place, the gaps to the front made finishing in the points hopeless from then on.
Darryn Binder, who suffered a horror crash on Saturday, is hoping to attack again in the 19th race of the season in just one week's time at the Lusail International Circuit in Qatar and make his 150th start in the World Championship.
1. Fermín ALDEGUER/ SPA/ BOSCOSCURO
2. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – (+7.128)
3. Marcos RAMIREZ/ SPA/ KALEX – (+9.558)
24. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – (+1'20.633)
1. Pedro ACOSTA / SPA / 320.5
2. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / 243.5 (-77)
3. Jake DIXON/ GBR/ 183 (-137.5)
19. Darryn BINDER / RSA / 32 (-288.5)
24. Lukas TULOVIC / GER / 12 (-308.5)