Hard work leads to small improvements
Results have not fallen into the lap of the LIQUI MOLY Husqvarna Intact GP team in Moto2 recently. A lot of commitment, overtime, and hard work were only moderately rewarded for Lukas Tulovic in Misano Adriatco with 24th place on the grid. Substitute rider Senna Aguis worked just as thoughtfully on his improvements and now hopes to find his way forward from 20th on the grid in row seven.
After all the recent difficulties and challenges, it is remarkable to see the unchanged motivation with which Lukas Tulovic is working to put this temporary low behind him in order to return to old successes. From the beginning of the first practice session, the German worked incessantly with his crew on the set-up of the Kalex, which still does not give him an optimal feeling. The 23-year-old will again have his work cut out for him with 24th place on the grid in row eight, but he is relying on his pace to try and finish in the points.
Youngster Senna Agius is also on the same mission heading into the twelfth race of the season, which starts at 12:15 (CEST) on Sunday. The Australian has a clearly measurable learning curve and shows this with improvements in every session so that he has set himself the target of reaching Q2. It may not have worked out here in Misano because of just under one and a half tenths of a second, but it is only a matter of time before the substitute rider of Binder will also achieve his ambitious goals.
Perhaps the 18-year-old will manage to get off to a good start on Sunday from row seven, which will enable him to make up numerous positions right at the beginning of the 22-lap race.
1. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.488
2. Ai OGURA/ JAP/ KALEX – 1'36.679 (+0.191)
3. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.797 (+0.309)
26. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'38.455 (+1.967)
27. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'38.692 (+2.204)
1. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'35.921
2. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.462 (+0.541)
3. Jake DIXON/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'36.622 (+0.701)
24. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'37.752 (+1.831)
27. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'38.180 (+2.259)
1. Celestino VIETTI/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.078
2. Aron CANET/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.260 (+0.182)
3. Jake DIXON/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'36.263 (+0.185)
22. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'37.104 (+1.026)
25. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'37.536 (+1.458)
1. BENDSNEYDER/ NED/ KALEX – 1'36.676
2. Tony ARBOLINO/ ITA/ KALEX – 1'36.677 (+0.001)
3. Manuel GONZALEZ/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'36.754 (+0.078)
6. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'36.967 (+0.291)
11. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'37.621 (+0.945)