Full attack in tomorrow's race by Tulovic and Agius in Jerez
LIQUI MOLY Husqvarna Intact GP Moto2 riders Lukas Tulovic and Senna Aguis, who replaces the injured Darryn Binder this weekend, face a challenging race at the Gran Premio de España, which they will ambitiously tackle from rows seven and ten on the grid.
As the recovery time between hand surgery and the start of the fourth race weekend was too short, Darryn Binder was not given the all-clear by the doctors, which is why 17-year-old LIQUI MOLY Husqvarna Intact GP Junior Team rider, Senna Agius, took over the South African's saddle.
The Australian completed his first practice sessions in 22nd place and battled it out in Q1. Unfortunately, an early crash in the 15-minute session smashed all hopes. There was sadly not enough time to launch another time attack. Consequently, the Moto2 rookie will start from position 28 on row ten and is cheerful to finish the race in the best possible way and enjoy his time.
Lukas Tulovic, meanwhile, was hoping to make it directly into Q2, but in 15th place in the combined classification of the practice sessions, he missed out by just 0.079 seconds. He launched another attack in Q1, but there too he just missed out in sixth position. The German, who had a flawless test at the Andalusian track in March, struggled with the enormous heat in the afternoon as the tyres wore out within a few laps on the blazing hot tarmac. Nevertheless, the rider with the number 3 is optimistic about Sunday's 21-lap race, as both his feeling and pace gave the 22-year-old 2022 European champion plenty of potential and hope.
Those who don't want to miss the heated Moto2 race should tune in at 13:15 (CEST).
1. Aron CANET/ SPA/KALEX – 1'40.640
2. Pedro ACOSTA/ SPA/ KALEX – 1'40.696 (+0.056)
3. Sam LOWES/ GBR/ KALEX – 1'40.989 (+0.349)
15. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'41.664 (+1.024)
22. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'41.963 (+1.323)
1. Ai OGURA/ JAP/ KALEX – 1'41.245
2. Joe ROBERTS/ USA/ KALEX – 1'41.765
3. Zonta VD GOORBERGH/ NED/ KALEX – 1'41.807
6. Lukas TULOVIC/ GER/ KALEX – 1'42.147 (+0.902)
14. Senna AGIUS/ AUS/ KALEX – 1'43.335 (+2.090)