Top 10 success in Malaysia: Schrötter and Alcoba in P6 and P9
The LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team leaves Malaysia with two top ten finishes after Marcel Schrötter fought off his rivals in a heated battle to secure sixth place, closely followed by his fast teammate Jeremy Alcoba in ninth.
After four races in Asia and Australia, the German racing team had a positive finish in Malaysia. The usually sometimes heavy rain showers, which are common in these latitudes and at this time of year, fortunately did not occur on race Sunday, even if a few individual drops caused brief doubts during the starting grid of Moto2.
But everything stayed dry and both Marcel Schrötter and Jeremy Alcoba got off to a good start from rows five and seven.
With his absolutely constant rhythm, Marcel Schrötter left some competitors behind and successfully fended off his closest pursuer Cameron Beaubier, so that he crossed the finish line in sixth place after 18 gruelling laps. His best result since P4 at the Sachsenring!
Jeremy Alcoba did similarly well in the hot and humid conditions, catching up to the group in front of him and setting his fastest race lap just metres from the end of the Malaysian Grand Prix to finish ninth ahead of Fermin Aldeguer. After his second top ten result in a row, the young Spaniard will be hoping to build on the good work in a fortnight' time, at his home race in Valencia from 4-6 November.
1. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'20.094
2. Pedro ACOSTA / SPA / KALEX - 2'20.115 (+0.021)
3. Fermín ALDEGUER / SPA / BOSCOSCURO - 2'20.480 (+0.386)
4. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 2'20.487 (+0.393)
5. Aron CANET / SPA / KALEX - 2'20.557 (+0.463)
14. Marcel SCHROTTER/ GER/ KALEX - 2'22.679 (+2.585)
22. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX - 2'24.638 (+4.544)
1. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX
2. Alonso LOPEZ / SPA / BOSCOSCURO
3. Jake DIXON / GBR / KALEX
4. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX
5. Manuel GONZALEZ / SPA / KALEX
6. Marcel SCHROTTER/ GER/ KALEX
9. Jeremy ALCOBA/ SPA/ KALEX
1. FERNANDEZ Augusto / SPA – 251.5
2. OGURA Ai / JPN - 242
3. CANET Aron SPA - 200
4. ARBOLINO Tony / ITA - 175.5
5. VIETTI Celestino / ITA - 165
6. DIXON Jake / GBR - 159.5
7. LOPEZ Alonso / SPA - 155.5
8. ACOSTA Pedro / SPA - 152
9. ROBERTS Joe / USA - 130
10. CHANTRA Somkiat / THA - 128
11. SCHROTTER Marcel / GER - 117.5
18. ALCOBA Jeremy / SPA - 64
Team classification 2022
1. RED BULL KTM AJO - 403.5
2. IDEMITSU HONDA TEAM ASIA - 370
3. FLEXBOX HP40 - 283
4. INDE GASGAS ASPAR TEAM - 238.5
5. ELF MARC VDS RACING TEAM - 230.5
6. BETA TOOLS SPEED UP - 229.5
7. LIQUI MOLY INTACT GP - 181.5