Garzo & Krummenacher start from rows 1 and 2 in season-opening races
It's been a perfect start for the DYNAVOLT INTACT GP MotoE team as Hector Garzo and Randy Krummenacher secured the first two rows of the grid in the first qualifying session of the season for the two opening races, which will also mark the official start of the new era of the MotoE World Championship.
In the fresh 11°C morning, Hector Garzo made a splash in the first practice session with a lead of more than six tenths and entered the second practice as the leader, which he nevertheless finished in fifth place and with a direct Q2 ticket despite a small crash. In the all-important Q2 session, the Spaniard put his opponents under pressure with several red sectors a few seconds before the end of the Qualifying. When he crossed the finish line of the 4.19 km long French race track, he finally achieved a fantastic second place on the grid, from which he was only 0.022s behind pole setter Matteo Ferrari.
Randy Krummenacher was in no way inferior to his Spanish teammate. After all, the 33-year-old Swiss pushed his Ducati V21L machine to a strong fourth place on the grid of the upcoming, race-filled Saturday with the highest top speed figures of the entire Q2 (243.8 km/h). "Krummi" set a time of 1'41.480 in Q2, which he finished 0.509s clear of the leader.
Saturday will be a busy day for the DYNAVOLT INTACT GP MotoE duo with two races within four hours. The first eight-lap race starts at 12:10 (CEST), while the second sprint follows at 16:10 (CEST).
1. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'42.251
2. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'42.898 (+0.647)
3. Alessandro ZACCONE/ ITA – 1'43.349 (+1.098)
6. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'43.550 (+1.299)
1. Matteo FERRARI/ ITA – 1'40.953
2. Mattia CASADEI/ ITA – 1'40.997 (+0.044)
3. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'41.111 (+0.158)
5. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'41.346 (+0.393)
7. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'41.649 (+0.696)
1. Matteo FERRARI/ ITA – 1'40.971
2. Hector GARZO/ SPA – 1'40.993 (+0.022)
3. Jordi TORRES/ SPA – 1'40.996 (+0.025)
4. Randy KRUMMENACHER/ SWI – 1'41.480 (+0.509)